The Episcopal Church of the Holy Communion has been serving its community of faith for nearly six decades in Memphis, Tennessee. It began as a mission chapel in 1939. The parish now has 1,800 members and sharing its grounds is a nationally respected girls’ college preparatory program, St. Mary’s Episcopal School. The first service in the church’s sanctuary was held on Jan.1, 1950. Today, the building still stands, welcoming the community to prayer.
While the Church of the Holy Communion’s sanctuary has well stood the test of time, certain elements were due for a little touch-up in 1990. Stromberg Architectural Products supplied the ornately-capped columns that adorn the front entrance to the church. Stromberg has been manufacturing columns of every imaginable variety for more than 25 years and has the production capacity to take on projects of every scale. With the columns being fabricated with Stromberg’s Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete (GFRC) the replacement columns installed in 1990 can be expected to last much longer than the original columns installed in the 1950s.
|Name||Church of the Holy Communion|
|Materials||Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete (GFRC)|